I am a faculty member in the Department of Computer Science at Colgate University. I am also a PhD Candidate studying Technology & Social Behavior at Northwestern University, a program combining Computer Science and Communication Studies. I work with Professor Jeremy Birnholtz in the NU Social Media Lab. I have also taught in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) at DePaul University.
My research focuses on the use of communication technology for maintaining social and family relationships. Specifically, my dissertation focuses on students' use of communication technology and family communication during the stressful transition to college. This work is supported by a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship.
Before moving to the Village of Hamilton, I spent four years in Chicago and six years Ithaca, NY, the best college town in America. I earned an M.S. in Information Science from Cornell University, where I worked in the CU Social Media Lab, and a B.S. in Computer Science from Ithaca College, where I worked with Professor Sharon Stansfield. I grew up in Bethlehem, PA, home of Marshmallow Peeps and Mike & Ikes. I'm also a super picky eater and my favorite color is purple.
- I'm proud to be the most recent Highlighted Alum in the Fall 2016 CRA-W Newsletter.
- I received a Google Travel Grant to attend the 2016 Grace Hopper Celebration.
- I have officially joined the faculty in the Department of Computer Science at Colgate University.
- I moved to Hamilton, NY!
- I was a Student Volunteer at CSCW 2016. (My last time SVing!)
- I have accepted a tenure-track faculty position at Colgate University starting this summer!
- Archived News